Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- What’s the Deal with Poker Dealers?One may think dealing cards is easy. There is something fascinating about the way dealers shuffle cards, pitching them one by one with well-practiced techniques. There is grace in the way dealers maintain their professional appearance, overlooking the game with self-controlled calmness. Yes, the reason people might consider dealing cards at the poker table an […]
- The Fish from the ValleysWhen Martin Jacobson won the 2014 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event, and his $10m first prize, the Swedish shark had to chow down on a flood full of fish. Read more
- How to Make the Most of Your Poker TravelsFaraz Jaka is known throughout the poker world for his many accomplishments. He has won tournaments, made numerous final tables on tours like the WPT and EPT, and he has won more than $4.5 million in live tournaments added to millions more through online poker. He is also a world traveler. Read more
- Poker Ergonomics - Good Posture Will Improve Your GameWhether you play poker for a living or just for recreation, it is easy to accumulate many hours in front of your screen(s). You should therefore think about the impact your playing posture has on your health and concentration and, therefore, your success at the tables. Read more
- What Social Factors Affect Success at the Poker Table?How many of us have gone through one too many bad beats and ended up at home, perhaps miserable, desperate for the tricks of the trade? How many of us have said, at one point or another, that some poker players are better than others because they are younger, older, men, women, experienced, aggressive, richer, […]
- Poker AI: Can the Ultimate Computer Beat the Best Human?The University of Alberta created quite a stir when it announced that their poker-playing computer "Cepheus" had solved Heads Up Limit Texas Hold’em. Cepheus relies on Artificial Intelligence (the ability to learn) allowing the thinking computer to adapt to its opponents. The announcement had some wondering if this was the end of poker – if […]
- Poker Tells, What They Are and How to Read ThemPosted by Ellis Shuman, February 23, 2015 By definition, a poker tell is “a change in a player's behaviour or demeanour” that can give others clues regarding the value of that player’s hand. While there are poker tells in online play, the classical definition refers to movements (or the lack thereof) in the player’s face, […]
- 7 Greatest Ever Poker FightsPosted by Barry Carter, February 18, 2015 On the surface poker might seem like a gentle good-natured game, but the reality is that it is war with money. Good poker requires you to get inside the head of your opponents and batter them into submission. That means that the game can get very personal, and […]
- Fifty Shades of PokerPosted by Ellis Shuman, February 16, 2015 I scowl with frustration at myself as I sit at the table. Damn my cards – they just won’t behave, and damn my opponents for hitting the river and subjecting me to this ordeal. I should be knocking them out, making the final table, yet here I am […]
- The Raiser’s Edge, a ReviewPosted by Ellis Shuman, January 5, 2015 This is not a book for beginning poker players. In fact, The Raiser’s Edge is not for most poker players. Rather, in the fast-changing tournament poker universe, this book is directed towards a new type of player, looser and more aggressive than those who have previously hit the […]
- What’s the Deal with Poker Dealers?
April 2015 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30